Just found this blog entry that speaks of why New Zealand is a great place to do business. Some of the reasons mentioned are:
- At 30%, the corporate tax is lower than or equal to most developed countries?.
- Our GST is only 12.5%, in most developed countries it is 15-25%.
- Workforce participation is 68%, very high by international standards.
- ACC provides no-fault income insurance, meaning businesses to not have to go to massive expense insuring themselves against litigation by injured workers and hiring lawyers to defend themselves.
- Ease of doing business is New Zealand is second in the world only to Singapore.
- This is the least corrupt country in the world.
- Corporate profits were up 60.5% in just six years from 1999 to 2005.
- Only 0.54% of businesses failed last year.
Plus it offers a great lifestyle!
On the downside, Internet connectivity less than average, but is getting better every year.
But if you can be happy living on a large, very pretty island, New Zealand is the place for you.
I came to New Zealand five years back and have been working in the area of software development, and have enjoyed every minute of being here.