I recently came across a report on carrying statistics about internet usage trends in New Zealand. It is based on a survey conducted in September-October 2007 of 1430 New Zealanders.
Here are some interesting findings:
- 78% of New Zealanders use the Internet.
- 15% of users are online at home for at least 20 hours a week.
- 66% have broadband, 31% dialup
- 71% of users say the Internet is an important source of information, compared to 52% for newspapers and television
- 10% of NZ Internet users have a blog
- 77% check email daily
- 28% participate in social networking sites
The full report can be downloaded from the Auckland University of Technology website.